Oh how I miss blogging..Too many happenings that were not put into writing. Come 2012, I will do my best to make time to my "room" and share more of my self.
Time flies by too fast. The same time last year, we were not sure of what's in store for us in Melbourne. It has been a year, well almost, and looking back, blessings and favor have come along the way. Life is not always a bed of roses. We were also put into difficult situations. And during these times we have given two options: to get up or to give up. For years, and for the trials that I have been through, I have learned how to run. Not to run away..but to run to God.
This year is also about being a wife, being a couple. I have known Cesar since I worked at Shell but I have only known him as someone who have a good sense of humor, a good leader, a friend, and a "kuya" who loves his family. Well, he is beyond who I know that he is. Sometimes he will caught me just staring at him. It's because I am amazed how God knows me well. He knows who I need in my life. My husband is the greatest blessing that I have received. He is my soulmate. I love him for who he is. And now that we are together, I just love him even more.
Independence. I can't believe that I can do a lot of things on my own. I have discovered that I am a good cook haha! Well, this is according to my hubby lang naman. I think he needs to say that as an encouragement or else magugutom sya haha! Also, I have learned how to cut my fringe myself, do the marketing, navigate the GPS on my phone, and a lot of simple things that before I depend on somebody else to do it for me.
Tomorrow is another year. New beginnings, new adventures, new discoveries, new friends, new challenges, new learnings..
So, before I say goodbye to 2011, let me have a quick look back of God's goodness and faithfulness for this year. Let the countdown (of blessings) begin..
*Transfer from Sydney to Melbourne. This was one big decision that we have made. Moving from one state to another was not an easy thing. Thankfully, Cesar's company paid all the expenses. From the accommodation to the removalist who brought our stuff all the way from Sydney to Melbourne. The relocation also opened career advancement and opportunities. Cesar was promoted as Accountant.
*Planetshakers. Personally, I was a bit sad leaving what we have already considered our spiritual family. But God has provided us a church that is similar (strategically) to Hillsong. We have tried to attend other community church services, but, we felt at home at Planetshakers. My prayer for 2012 is for us to be part of a small group. This is very essential to our spiritual growth.
*Daddy's car. I have already blog about this. We really are thankful for Clark Kent. This have been also a blessing to others. We always volunteer to pick up our friends at the airport hehe. For eight months, we have already spent many bonding moments with Clarky and he has served us very well. Thank God for His protection!
*Permanent Job. Moving to Melbourne also means that I need to find a job again. Three weeks from the day that we came here (and since nabo-bore na rin ako), I began to browse SEEK.com. If I could recall, there were only two posts that I have applied for. I immediately received a call from Robert Walters (surprisingly) and had a scheduled interview the following day. After the interview, the agent rang me again and said that someone has already taken the post. But he told me not to apply to other agents for the mean time as he will recommend me to another company. He asked me to give him a week. And yeah, after a week, I got a job! It was a long story but just to share, the interviewer (who is my boss now) said that the "smiles" helped a lot because it made the interview process very casual. Unlike the other applicants, they were so serious and nervous. If my boss only knew that I was not feeling well at that time (because of colds), and at the back of my mind, I wanted to finish the interview as early as possible, go home and rest. I started to work the day after the interview :-) It was a temporary role with two-month contract, but because my manager was impressed with my performance, after two weeks of working with them, he offered me a permanent job verbally. After two months, they bought me from the agency and I signed the contract for the permanent role. Isn't it amazing?! I really praise God for this!
*Two CPA subjects. Passed! Not me but hubby. He made it with flying colors: Advanced Audit and Assurance - Credit, Financial Reporting - Distinction. I am soooo proud of him! Three more subjects to pass until he's full licensed. Hmmm..that means three semesters pa na ako lahat gagawa ng gawaing bahay kapag malapit na ang exam haha!! It's ok. I fully support my husband on this endeavour.
*Learner's Permit. As well, I have already written a blog on this.
These are included in our faith goals for 2011. We have prayed and believed and God has granted our heart's desires. He answers prayers indeed! It is only by His grace and favor..
And there are still more blessings that we have received this year: the beautiful friendships (Melbourne chapter is growing!), simple things that bring us joy (watching the birds makes me happy; found my happy food at breadtop - eggtart and almond croissant); new discoveries like we found a Filo store near our house and a clinic with a Filo doctor (this is good news, ang hirap kaya mag-explain in english ng nararamdam mo sa katawan haha!). I also have my "firsts": first time to experience the snow, first time to see the penguins in their habitat, first time to eat duck, and first time to try Greek food. It was also my first time to experience winter, wear a coat and a pair of boots. Three starbucks mug were added to my collection: Toronto and Montreal (c/o my teammate), and the christmas mug. We also opened our house to our friends who visited Melbourne: Jing and husband Levy, Cyrus, Lynn and Mel.
Here are some of the happy faces and memories of 2011..
 |
Our first visitors, Jing (my former team leader at Shell)
and her husband Levy. |
 |
| Nathan's christening. We are with Jon, Cathy, Myla and Mike. |
 |
| Now together with Jas, Lans, Mikee and Matthew. |
 |
Cesar gave me flowers on our 1st wedding anniversary.
The bouquet was sent to our office, that is why
everyone knew that we are still in our honeymoon
stage. Nyahaha! |
 |
| The bridge behind us connects to Phillip Island. |
 |
Jon's mom joined our Phillip Island getaway.
Halatang pinoy kami kasi may bitbit na kaldero! haha! |
 |
| After watching the Penguin parade. |
 |
| Myla's birthday celebration. |
 |
Welcome dinner to Cyrus. He was on a holiday with his colleagues.
He is Joy's husband who is a former workmate of Cesar at PNB. |
 |
Our second long drive. This time was in Ballarat. We are with the Caina
and Dela Cruz family. |
 |
| No luck! We didn't find any gold. Meron nga ba? hehe |
 |
| Tired from walking. |
 |
| Quota na! Kasi may picture na kami with them hehe |
 |
First time sa snow ;-)
We purchased the vouchers in Scoopon. This site offers deals with a
reasonable price. Not bad. |
 |
| The weather is so fine! Wohoo! |
 |
| Uy! We met frosty the snow man :-) |
 |
| Poor hubby. Tobogganing is prohibited in this area :-( |
 |
| Anna's birthday celebration at Kitchen Workshop, Crown Hotel. |
 |
We picked up Joy and Mau (and family) at the airport.
They are our co-worker at Shell before.
Welcome to Melb! We are growing! |
 |
Welcome lunch to Joy and Mau's family.
Ex-Shell employees: Jon, Joy, Lanie, Jas, Maui, Mau, Cesar and Myself |
 |
| Practice na ba for twins? hehe |
 |
Road trip at the Great Ocean Road on our 2nd anniversary
as bf/gf. |
 |
The weather was very cooperative.
Our tour guide said that it was one of the
best weekends in Spring. |
 |
| Up close with two of the twelve apostles. |
 |
| We enjoyed the scenery and awed His beautiful creation. |
 |
Lunch at beach front. Very nice view plus good music
and cozy ambiance. |
 |
| We're two! |
 |
| The intruders! hehe |
 |
| Breathtaking.. |
 |
| Mikee's 2nd birthday celebration. |
 |
| My and Lanie's birthday celebration. |
 |
With Ate Maricel, Kuya Quyen and Joshua.
She is my college barkada's sister in law. |
 |
| Daddies child care hehe |
 |
| It's Nathan's 1st birthay! |
 |
Nathan's birthday celebration.
Ex-shell Melb family. |
 |
Our company's Christmas party. It was from 12:30 noon to
4:30 pm so it tantamount to 4 hours nosebleed! haha!
Unlike the pinoy style company parties, dito puro kwentuhan at inuman.
Wala man lang raffle. Hmmpf!! hehe |
 |
| With my boss (Eddie), Caroline (teammate and buddy), and Kirsten. |
 |
| Trip trip lang on Christmas day ;-) |
 |
Picture taking on Christmas eve. Salamat sa timer and
to our mini tripod. |
 |
| Christmas 2011 family picture. |
 |
| We're wearing the paper crowns from bonbon (christmas cracker). |
 |
Our visitors on Christmas day; Ana (Cesar's high school classmate)
with her husband Derick and daughter Lindsay. |
 |
| Post Christmas Party! |
 |
| Beautiful housewives (hihi) and Jazzy. |
 |
| Eastern Geelong beach. |
 |
We walked under the sun for just a few minutes and kaboom!
sunog agad ang balat. |
 |
Two days before our Geelong drive, there was a hailstorm.
We are thankful for the fine weather at that day. |
So, that's it! I am looking forward for a better 2012. I will always keep the fork :-)
"Thank you so much 'Tay for this year! You never fail to amaze me with your awesome power. All the glory belongs to You. Your love and mercies are new every morning.."
No comments:
Post a Comment