kuya B shared danielle's homework which she wrote for less than an hour. very good job!! i am so proud of you, danielle!
Margaret
by Danielle Anne
Back when I was six, my godmother, Aunt Jen, gave me a tiny rag doll which I named Margaret. Margaret had brown hair, black eyes, and a button nose. These features stood out against her lilac dress and pink Mary Janes. I loved Margaret so much that I took her everywhere I went. Margaret became my accessory, and I was barely seen without her.
One day, I went to play with Diane, the little girl next door. We played for a few minutes then Diane excused herself for she had something to show me. I was astounded the moment she presented me her limited edition Pokemon gold coins. Envy and astonishment filled me, so I hugged Margaret tightly. As if Diane read my mind, she eyed my Margaret and told me “You like my coins, right? I’ll gladly trade them for your doll”. My eyes widened, my mouth opened. The limited edition coins, which I only see in the Western magazines my grandma sent us, soon to be mine in exchange for my doll. “I’m waiting for your response,” Diane muttered “or I might change my mind”.
The butterflies in my tummy started to flutter. If I agree, I lose my friend whom I loved dearly, but I get the pride of possessing the coins and the fulfillment of my desire. If I do not, I keep Margaret but the emptiness in my soul will be left, well, empty. “I don’t have forever,” Diane stammered.
I meant to say “No thank you, I’ll just go home with Margaret. Goodbye,” but instead I said “Fine, the doll’s all yours!”, handed her Margaret, and took the coins. So I went home with a big smile and a handful of coins. They’re finally mine! From this moment, my life’s complete!
Or at least I thought. That night, after mom kissed me goodnight, I stretched out an arm to grab Margaret. Then I remembered I gave her away. I realized sleeping without her beside me is agonizing, adding the fact that it was my decision. The next day, I tried to return the coins and ask for Margaret. The attempt did no good. I sat on a corner and suddenly felt my doll’s loss. Margaret, whom I embraced every time I go to sleep, whom I spent the good and bad times with, whom I loved so much, is gone. I wept softly as I recalled the moments I shared with Margaret.
Now, the memory of the trade still haunts me. Though, it taught me a valuable lesson: Think twice before acting.

No comments:
Post a Comment